Thursday 17 April 2014

Two weeks of rain leads to pain in brain

So what I thought would be a good start to my career break has turned into a bit of a bust.

Two weeks of pretty much solid rain has caused me to loll inside playing mindless Facebook games, perusing Reddit, and watching movies I never want to see again on Sky TV. Productivity has been about 10%, but it has meant my brain is slowly getting reset back to a position I need to look for new or revisit old options.

That shit weather, combined with a autumnal cold & cough ,hasn't made we want to venture off the property for anything other than food that's not in the fridge or on the shelves. (Damn, I have to do that today.)

I had planned to grab a ferry or plane to visit nearby relatives, but weather conditions would probably mean I'd be wasting $s and likely just end up doing the same thing when I got there.

Tonight is the start of a long weekend. Hopefully the weather will fine up and next week will bring about some random spontaneity that will put something less than boredom & crap TV movies into my day.

Maybe I just need a proverbial, or literal, kick up the arse to get the reboot I need?
Any suggestions appreciated.

I'm relatively confident that all my readers are me. At least it's a vent for my inner feelings.
Hopefully next time I'll have something other than ennui to report

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments. I know I'm crap, but at least I'm trying.